Blackburn Cathedral is seeking to appoint a Finance Manager who will make a real difference to the Cathedral’s mission and operations by leading and developing the Cathedral’s budgeting, accounting and financial reporting processes, along with providing expert financial analysis, and managing the Finance Officer.
The successful candidate will be:
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA) with strong IT skills;
- Able to demonstrate an holistic knowledge of accounting systems (including Sage 50 as essential) and a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- A superb communicator able to connect effectively with all levels both within the organisation and with external bodies and statutory agencies;
- Capable of presenting complex financial data as easily understandable management information, often to non-financial managers;
- Able to understand current practices quickly and work collaboratively to deliver continuous improvement, ensuring best practice and seamless administration of all the key financial processes;
- Able to contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the Cathedral and operate as a key player in the Senior Management Team;
- Whilst not essential, it would be helpful to have experience of charity and retail financial reporting and an understanding of HLF financial reporting requirements.
Further details can be downloaded from our website here
To apply, please provide your CV with a covering letter highlighting your experience and suitability for the role and send to Adrian.Phillips@blackburncathedral.co.uk No Agencies please.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 8th February 2019
Blackburn Cathedral is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and the post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.